Help for Ukrainians arriving in Victoria
The Association of Ukrainians in Victoria Humanitarian Aid Committee (AUVHAC) is a working group of volunteers supporting the settlement of displaced Ukrainians arriving in Victoria as a result of the current Russian invasion in Ukraine.
The committee is connected to the ‘Australia for Ukraine’ community outreach program being led by the Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organisations (AFUO) and supported by the Australian government.
What we do
- We respond to queries and requests for support from Ukrainian nationals and their families, who have travelled/will be travelling to Victoria, Australia to flee the war in Ukraine
- We actively partner with government and support agencies to ensure the welfare of new arrivals, particularly where they have no family or support networks in the state
- We strive to ensure community connections are established and that individuals and families are welcomed and supported in a way that best suits their needs.
- We raise funds / seek donations for displaced Ukrainians in Victoria.
- AUV community information booklet Community Information Booklet | Association of Ukrainians in Victoria (auv.org.au)
- AUV events Archives: Events | Association of Ukrainians in Victoria (auv.org.au)
- Ukrainian Churches Spiritual Support – Australia for Ukraine! (ukrainians.org.au)
- Information on Ukrainian schools Information – Ukrainian Schools – Australia for Ukraine!
- Enrolment help for Australian schools Information – Australian Schools for Ukrainian Kids – Australia for Ukraine! (ukrainians.org.au)
- National accommodation database: Request Accommodation – Шукаю житло
- Fresh food is provided across various donation centres: Donation centres
- Employment and jobs portal: Employment Jobs Portal
- Australian Visa Guide Australian Visa Guide – Australia for Ukraine! (ukrainians.org.au)
- Australia Visa FAQ (in English and Ukrainian) https://ukrainians.org.au/visa-faq/
- HSP Ukrainian Settlement Referral Form (only one form to be completed per family)
- HSP Privacy Notice and Consent Form (to be completed for each individual listed in the Ukrainian Settlement Referral Form and signed by a guardian if the individual is under 18)
- CV / Resume templates: CV / Resume Templates – Australia for Ukraine! (ukrainians.org.au)
- Additional support: Contacts in your state